Check your rent payments


If you are a senior in Bruce County and have sold your home and moved into the diminishing number of seniors’ units of Bruce County Housing, although you initially paid “geared to income”, within three months you may have had to pay market rent. You may also have to pay an extra $100 for rising electricity.


To find out if you are eligible for geared to income rent, contact Bruce County Housing at P.O. Box 1450 Kincardine N2Z 2Z4 and get a written explanation of geared to income rent and how to use your gross taxable income for 2012 to see if you’ve been paying more than this sum. If you find you have been paying too much, contact Bruce County Housing within 30 days.


Betty Lou McPherson, Port Elgin